Monday 12 September 2011

Cricut Craft Room

I now have access to the Cricut Craft Room.  This is a piece of on-line software that allows users with a Cricut machine to lay out their cutting mat on a PC or Mac but with lots of added features not available on the machine itself.  You can choose to omit a cut eg if you don't want the eyes to cut out of a face just a couple of clicks and they are gone.  You can skew a design, resize it to any size, weld shapes and letters, flip shapes.  You can also use layers so you can build designs on the mat to see how they look in the colours you want; it reminds me a little teeny weeny bit of Adobe Illustrator in they way it uses the layers (yes Dave, you can stop shaking your head and rolling your eyes).  It can be a bit glitchy getting it to detect my E2 without crashing; I found it helps to sync my E2  (even though it is fully up to date) then when in the Craft Room, I click CUT before I have even laid out my on-screen mat to make sure my E2 is detected - a few times I spent ages doing a mat and then lost it when I clicked CUT and it crashed, a disappointing lesson to learn.  Another fab feature is, as it is on-line, you can log in on any PC and design your mat, it then saves it so that when you get home you can cut it on your machine, now how cool is that - lunchtime in work has just got a whole lot better :)   My over all opinion is this is AMAZING; I am not easily pleased (well, except when it comes to chocolate) but I am loving the Cricut Craft Room; it was one of the reasons I finally gave in an bought a Cricut and I am not regretting my decision.   Oh oh oh, I can't believe I forget to mention the most amazing part of all - IT IS ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!!!!! (and yes, I did just use 7 exclamation marks)

No comments:

Post a Comment