Saturday 25 June 2011

A whole lotta cards

I started this blog so I could share my cards as I make them but as I have a few already done I thought I would post them all in one go.  Here we go:

The diecuts on these first few cards are done using various Making Memories Slice design cards. 

These cards used the Zootopia design card which offered layering, a fairly new feature on the Slice.








The flower cut is from the basic design card.  The butterfly cut is from the Just Chillin design card



 The 3 cards below use cuts from the Dilly Dally design card. 




I have to say that within a 6 month period I had 2 Slice machines die on me, both with the same fault. When they were working the cut wasn't that clean, there were nicks left in the shapes, circles were not perfect and forget about symmetry such as in love hearts. All in all, I would not recommend the Slice.  I am now waiting for my Cricut Expression 2 to be delivered :)  

More cards:

I found a tutorial on how to make these windmills on Youtube, I think they are so sweet.  I stamped the words Happy Birthday in a way that I hoped suggested they were blowing in the wind :)  I love the papers used here, they are from Echo Park's Spring collection.

This is my Eco friendly card, well not really but rather than throw away those tiny scraps, I punched out lots of little butterflies and have used some here. This was meant to be an A5 card but it was starting to look a bit silly so I stopped gluing on butterflies and just cropped the card.  I put some pink jute behind the punched out flower.


I drew this cupcake free-hand on Bazzill and cut it out.  Cupcakes are really easy to draw.  The back ground papers are from Kraftwork's scoop range.  The letters were a bargain find, 2 sets of alphabet stickers on each sheet for just 20p a sheet in Home and Bargain, they come in all different colours and I have bought loads and loads :)



Stamps used here are Cupcake background from Hero Arts and Foxy Love from Gorjuss Girls.  The tops of the cupcakes are flocked.


I love this stamp so much, its 'Meet me at the Cafe' from My Favorite Things' 'Who's that girl' range.  I used Martha Sterwart's Trellis deep edge punch to make the fence.  Rather than colouring in the stamped image,  I inked it all with Broken China Distress ink for the background colour and then paper pieced the image using various papers.  The flowers are from Prima.  Unfortunately, while drying, the awning got a bit scewed :( I dare not try to peel it off and restick it as that way maddness lies :)



The whole inspiration for this card is the background paper.   It's from A Walk in the Park by Echo Park.  I simply cut some circles and then drew and cut out the trunks free hand copying the trunks on the paper.

I watched a demo of this inking technique so gave it a go.  The background is made by simply applying ink direct from the pad onto a acrylic stamping block and then pressing onto the paper. My colour choice was unplanned but the result looked like a beach view so I added some beachy touches.  I only wish I had thought it through as I could have masked out the sun rather than sticking it on afterwards.

Okay, just counted and that is 17 cards in one post :)  I hope you have liked them.

1 comment:

  1. This is an Ace blog!
    The cards are stunning and really well designed.

    My fav card is IMG_0541.jpg (you need to number them).

    Can I buy them? And where can I get them :)

    ReplyDelete